Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Productivity! FINALLY.

Thanks to a wonderful pot of Davidson's organic Mandarin Chai with Anise, I have been kicking serious ass today.

My day began when Deo heard rain and kept me warm in my bed around 7am. I am super warm-natured, so it was too warm. Which was a perfect excuse to get my lazy self out of bed!

So. Today's awesome accomplishments include:

  • Move the rest of my boxes out of the garage
  • Laundry -- wash, fold, AND put away!
  • 1 hour of transcription audio
  • Lunch
  • Reviewed a few submission reviews on Livemocha.com
  • Watched the new episode of the Guild
  • Found and decided to buy this AMAZING steampunk knitting book. I AM THE COOLEST OLD LADY EVER.
  • Requested new information from multiple grad schools
  • Asked some questions about grad apps
  • Eat chocolate
  • Figure out my Buffy/Angel watching plan
  • Watch lots of Buffy
  • Almost done narrowing down my grad school list
  • My friend got her photos featured here
So, yes. Here's to the power of caffeine!
And here's hoping I can finish my grad stuff and go through boxes. While watching even MORE Buffy. WOOOO!

“But the young educated adults of the 90s -- who were, of course, the children of the same impassioned infidelities and divorces Mr. Updike wrote about so beautifully -- got to watch all this brave new individualism and self-expression and sexual freedom deteriorate into the joyless and anomic self-indulgence of the Me Generation. Today's sub-40s have different horrors, prominent among which are anomie and solipsism and a peculiarly American loneliness: the prospect of dying without once having loved something more than yourself.” - David Foster Wallace 

No comments:

Post a Comment